Thursday, December 27, 2012

Smoothies

Here are a few pictures of my smoothies and some tips to enjoying them!
1. Bananas - Slice 1 banana in chunks and put into a ziplock bag, then into the freezer. I don't like adding ice so this is perfect for me.
2. I love adding almond milk and Greek yogurt to make it creamier.
3. I always add a fruit and usually it's frozen. Ex. Strawberries, peaches, pineapples, blueberries, mixed berries, mangos. I am not a fan of fruits that are really seedy but raspberries and blackberries are okay but not my favorite.
4. Greens I have tried:
- Liked - spinach, kale, chard (red & green) romaine, mint,
- Didn't Like - dandelion greens, mustard greens, avocados
5. After I put the ingredients in I just had water to blend. Not a lot but a little at a time.
6. There is an app I like on the iPhone I think it's just called green smoothies anyhow it's great! It tells you the nutritional value of every fruit and vegetable and course gives you recipes.
7. Lately I have been loving chia seeds in my smoothies. Check them out. Maybe my next post should be about a post dedicated to chia seeds. I love them that much.
Until next time.......







No comments: